Entertaining people can be a very enjoyable part of being in business – as sharing time, food and drink away from the office can help to build and cement working relationships. But when can you claim tax relief on the cost of entertaining someone, and what about VAT?

Are you self-employed and have to regularly travel for your business? And does this travelling ever involve an overnight stay away from your home?

If the answer is yes, then there’s good news – you may be able to claim some of these costs back. Here’s a few tips for working out which travel and accommodation costs you can include in your business’s accounts.

The Pensions Regulator is the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes, working with trustees, employers, pension specialists and business advisers, giving guidance on what is expected of them.

We are approaching a deadline for all employers to enter Auto Enrolment. Small limited companies and their directors need to consider if this applies. This post details how to know your position in this matter: When is a director a worker? A director who is working under a contract of employment AND there is at… Read more »

We do not endorse or guarantee the products/services on any of the above links.